This page will give you complete list of Nigerian Universities that are not under ASUU.
Most of these universities exited ASUU due to its continued nationwide strike.
After extensive research, we have compiled list of State, Federal and Private universities that left ASUU behind.
This means that these institutions do not join ASUU Strike. Students in these universities are still attending lectures while you’re at home thinking all schools are observing ASUU strike.
See Also: School Resumption Date
What is ASUU?
See the meaning and history of ASUU here.
In Nigeria, ASUU means Academic Staff Union of Universities, is a Nigerian union of university academic staff, founded in 1978.
The Union was active in struggles against the military regime during the 1980s. In 1988 the union organized a National Strike to obtain fair wages and university autonomy.
As a result, the ASUU was proscribed on 7 August 1988 and all its property seized. It was allowed to resume in 1990, but after another strike was again banned on 23 August 1992.
However, an agreement was reached on 3 September 1992 that met several of the union’s demands including the right of workers to collective bargaining. The ASUU organized further strikes in 1994 and 1996, protesting against the dismissal of staff by the Sani Abacha military regime.
More information on ASUU
Headquarters location: Ibadan
Affiliation: Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC)
Type of business: Trade union
List of Federal Universities not Under ASUU
Here are list of Federal institutions in Nigeria that are not part of Academic Staff Union of Universities.
- University of Ilorin (Unilorin)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University.
UNILORIN and UNIZIK are not under ASUU.
- Delta State University, DELSU Abraka.
Private Universities not Under ASUU
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adeleke University, Ede
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- African University of Science & Technology, Abuja
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- American University of Nigeria, Yola
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Baze University
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Caritas University, Enugu
- CETEP City University, Lagos
- Covenant University Ota
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Crescent University
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Evangel University, Akaeze
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Katsina University, Katsina
- Kwararafa University, Wukari
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Madonna University, Okija
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo
- Nigerian-Turkish Nile University, Abuja
- Novena University, Ogume
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- Pan-African University, Lagos
- Paul University, Awka – Anambra State
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Rhema University, Obeama-Asa – Rivers State
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa
- Tansian University, Umunya
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Veritas University
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State
- Wesley Univ. of Science & Tech., Ondo
- Western Delta University, Oghara
If you are scared of ASUU strike then we suggest you apply for admission into any of the universities not under ASUU.
We hope this detailed post is helpful to you. Kindly drop your comment below if you need more help or have any query regarding this article.
Also, remember to share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google+.