NECO Biology Questions and Answers for 2020/2021 examination. This year’s NECO is about to start.
We have provided you with comprehensive questions and answers for biology. Art and Science students who want to writer this subject should practice the past questions and answers given below.
The National Examination Council (NECO) is an examination body which set questions for students every year.
NECO exam is usually taken after WAEC. NECO is o’level exam which is required for admission into higher institutions.
NECO is similar to WAEC and also have part A and part B questions.
Candidates must answer question from each section. See practice questions and answers below.
NECO Biology Questions and Answers 2020/2021 | Essay and Obj
1. Plants are classified into the following classes except
2. The cell wall of plants is rigid due to the presence of?
3. The structure responsible for the transportation of mineral salt from the root to other parts of the plant is?
4. Which of the following cell organelles traps sunlight energy in plant?
(b) Endoplasmic reticulum
(d) Ribosome (e) Vacuole
5. The following conditions are necessary for photosynthesis except
(c) light energy
6. Which of the following organisms carries out photosynthesis?
7. Which of these is an amphibian?
8. A flower with two or more fused carpels is called
9. The response of plants to the stimulus of touch is called?
10. Which of the following is a bryophyte?
(a) Bladder wort
(b) Fly trap
(c) Liver wort
11. Cellular respiration occurs in the
(b) endoplasmic reticulum
(c) food vacuole
12. In a moss plant, spores are produced in the
13. Exoskeleton is a characteristic feature of
14. Which of the following influences growth in plants?
(a) Acetic acid
15. Land snail belongs to the phylum
16. The opening of the anthers and stigmas of a bisexual flower at the same time is called
17. The following are the effect of auxins on plant except in
(b) fruiting without fertilization
(c) ripening of fruits
(d) root formation
(e) stem elongation
Use the diagram below to answer questions 18 and 19.
18. The diagram represents the internal structure of a
19. The part labeled I is the
(c) phloem (d) root hair (e) xylem
20. Which of these is a water soluble vitamin?
21. The following diseases are airborne except
(e) small pox.
22. The excretory organ of insects is called
(a) Contractile vacuole
(b) flame cell
(d) malphighian tubule
23. Which of these animals undergo metamorphosis
24. Villi are finger-like structures found in the
(a) Large intestine
(c) small intestine
25. In mammals, sperms are formed in the
(a) Cowper’s gland
(b) scrotal sac.
(c) seminal vesicle
(d) seminiferous tubules
(e) vas deferens
26. Which of the following is not a part of the mammalian brain?
(c) Olfactory lobe
(d) spinal cord
27. In plant, Chlorosis is caused by the deficiency of
28. Which of the following diseases is not sexually transmitted
29. Which of the following is not a caste in a termitarium.
30. The structure responsible for excretion in tape worm is called
(a) Cell membrane
(b) contractile vacuole
(c) flame cell
(d) malphigian tubule
31. The mode of nutrition of mushroom is
32. The earthworm is an example of
33. Fat and oil are also known as
(b) fatty acids
34. Gaseous exchange in the lungs occurs at the
35. The following are pigment except
Use the diagram below to answer questions 36 – 38.
36. The type of placentation shown above is found in
(a) cana lily
(d) pride of Barbados
37. the part labeled x is the
38. the type of placentation represented in the diagram is
(c) free central
39. the growth that occurs at the tip of shoot and root is called
40. carnassial teeth are found in
41. Which of the following bones is not a part of axial skeleton?
Use the diagram below to answer questions 42 and 43
42. The part labeled ii is the
(b) hyaline cartilage
(d) synovial cavity
(e) synovial membrane
43. The function of the part labeled iii is to
(a) Soften the bones
(b) join bones together
(c) lubricate joints
(d) protect bones from wearing
(e) reduce friction at joints
44. The part that supplies food and oxygen to the eye is
45. The part of the male reproductive system that stores sperm is
(a) Cowper’s gland
(c) prostate gland
(d) seminal vesicle
(e) vas deferens.
46. An organ in bird that grinds its food is
47. Which of the following animals exhibit basking
48. The following are functions of the sympathetic nervous system except
(a) Dilation of pupil of eye.
(b) inhibition of saliva secretion
(c) reduction of blood pressure
(d) reduction of urine output
(e) stimulation of ejaculation
49. The following homeostatic mechanisms are carried out by mammals except
(c) pH regulation
50. Part of the brain that controls blood pressure is called
(c) corpus callosum
(d) medulla oblongata
(e) pons varolii
51. Haemorrhage is caused due to the deficiency of vitamin
52. The control method of pests using predators is called
53. The following are vectors except
(a) Black fly
(e) tsetse fly
54. The deficiency of proteins in a developing child result in
(a) Beri beri
(c) night blindness
55. The theory of “use and disuse” of body parts was propounded by
(a) Carl Linneaus
(b) Charles Darwin
(c) Gregor Mendel
(d) Jean Lamarck
(e) Robert Hooke
56. The knowledge of heredity and variation are not required in
(a) Blood transfusion
(b) crime detection
(c) determination of paternity
57. Which of these is not a pollutant
(a) Carbon dioxide
(b) Lead oxide
(c) Nitrogen gas
(d) Nitrogen oxide
(e) sulphur dioxide
58. The topmost layer of a typical soil profile is
(b) coarse sand
(c) fine sand
59. Plants that survive in marine habitats are called
60. The felling of trees in a forest is called
(d) forest pruning
Paper II (Essay)
Answer any three questions only
1a. State one role each of the following in photosynthesis
b. List five types of bones found in the forearm of man
c. Mention three functions of a worker caste in termitarium
d. Define ecosystem
e. Draw a well labelled diagram (8-10cm long) of the nephron
2a. Define the following
b (i) State four functions of the mammalian skeleton
(ii) Mention two muscles that bring about movement of a forearm
(iii) Name three digestive enzymes found in the small intestine and state one function of each
3a. (i) Mention three diseases of the liver
(ii) In a tabular form, state five differences between plant and animal cells
b. Using annotated diagrams only, illustrate the carbon cycle.
c. (i) List two types of supporting tissues in plant
(ii) Give two characteristics of a reptile
4a. Define the following terms
b (i) State four effects of overcrowding
(ii) mention two ways of conserving wildlife.
(iii) Give two examples of social animals
c (i) Define metamorphosis
(ii) List two examples of insects that undergo incomplete metamorphosis
(iii) Give two examples of a berry fruit
5a. (i) Draw a well labelled diagram (8-10cm long) of the human alimentary canal
(ii) Complete the table below
|Part of digestive system||Enzymes present|
b. T T and t t are monohybrid plants representing tallness and shortness respectively
- By means of crossing, show the F1 generation
- Using punnet square method, show the F2 generation
- Give the phenotypic ratio of the F1 and F2 generations shown above
People Also Searched For;
- neco gce Biology questions
- neco questions for Biology
- 2020/2021 neco Biology questions
- neco Biology past questions download
- neco Biology questions
- gce Biology questions 2020
- neco Biology question
- Biology questions for gce
We hope this post will help you better prepare for your NECO Biology exam.
Need NECO expo for biology?. If yes then visit this page 30 minutes before the start of your exam.
Remember to share this post to inform other students!.