Nigeria Immigration Service Salary Structure And Ranks 2020!
The Nigeria Immigration Service is an admirable service because of the level of payment and Jon description. However, a lot of people do not know the benefits and ranking system of the Nigeria Immigration Service.
Hence, this article will put you through and give you details of the salary structure for each rank. This is so because the salaries of all the NIS officers are not usually the same based in different ranks. The higher your rank, the higher you earn.
You can join here: Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
However, it is easier to start the immigration service with a degree or even more so that you would not have to start from the bottom which earns relatively low compared to the other ranks.
Meanwhile, let us see the following in this post;
- different ranks in the Nigeria immigration service.
- The salary range or structure of these different ranks.
- About The Nigeria Immigration Service.
About Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS)
The Nigeria Immigration service is one of the paramilitary agents in Nigeria and used to be a part of the Nigeria Police until 1958.
Also, they were formerly called the immigration department in the Nigeria Police force. Recently, they are on their own and are called the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS).
You might also want to see; NAF Salary Structure and Rank
Duties Of The Nigeria Immigration Service
The Nigeria Immigration Service are in charge of the following;
- Control and monitoring of immigrants in the country entering the country.
- Issuing and Renewal of international passports to
- Issuing of resident permit to foreigners in the country
- Issuance of travel documents to true Nigerians in and outside the country.
- Border surveillance and patrol.
- Finally, Enforcement of laws and regulations which they have been charged for.
Salary Structure Of The Nigeria Immigration Service
The salary structure for the immigration service is what many people who wants to apply for this job are curious about. However, you will get a brief of the salary structure of the immigration service here.
Educational qualification determines the level one might be in and hence your salary range.
The least salary earned by the passport Officers is about N30,000.
Then, OND or NCE holders who are in level 6 earn up to N80,000
Degree holders starting from level 8 earn up to N120,000
Other levels and ranks just increase with increasing ranks and stars.
Therefore, it is advisable that you use a good certificate to enroll in the immigration service so that you can start earning high.
For more information on this, you can visit the official website @ www.nis.gov.ng
Also check out; NPF Salary Structure and Ranks
The Nigeria Immigration Rank Structure
Like earlier stated, there are several obtainable ranks in the Nigeria immigration service. They may include the following in a descending order (from the highest rank to the least rank).
- Comptroller General Immigration Service (CGIS)
- Assistant Comptroller General Immigration Service (ACGIS)
- Assistant Comptrollers (AC)
- Superintendent Of Immigration (SI)
- Assistant Superintendent of Immigration (ASI)
- Senior Inspector Of Immigration (SII)
- Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII)
- Immigration Assistant (IA)
- Passport Officers.
Nigeria Immigration Structure
In the Nigeria immigration service, for an effective impact and discharging of duties, the Agents are grouped into several categories/structures. Though, the different organizations work both individually, collectively and interchangeably.
The structures are as follows;
- Human Resources Management
- Planning, Research and Statistics
- Works and Procurement
- Finance and Accounts Directorate.
- Investigation, Inspectorate and Enforcement Directorate.
- Operations and Passport.
- Migration Directorate.
- Visa and Residency Directorate.
- Border Management Directorate.
I believe this post has been informative enough, kindly share with others through any of the social media handles shown below to keep them Informed.
Also, feel free to ask any questions and as well drop your comments in the comment section below.