Npower past questions and answers here will give you a clue of what to expect during screening. Learn how to answer Npower questions correctly by practicing past questions samples. All shortlisted candidates must participate in online screening exams.
To prepare for your screening, you need to study some of the sample test questions listed here. This page has over 100 questions from past exams.
Also, Npower questions includes, objectives, quantitative analysis and general papers. Before you qualify as a beneficiary, you must write the test and have good score.
Tips to score high in N-power aptitude test have been given here. Kindly read below for sample past questions and their solutions. All applicants must complete the quiz online
Who Needs This Assessment past Questions?
This practice test will be helpful to the following Npower categories;
- Npower teach
- Npower build
- Npower health
- Npower creative
- Npower tech
- Npower agro
Benefits of Npower past Questions and Answers
Candidates shortlisted for npower screening will write tests and exams. This will help npower select best candidates.
As we all know, not all applicants will be selected for npower jobs. To prepare for the test, you need to study the past questions. This will help you better prepare for npower screening.
N-power Test Quiz:
1. Which is the smallest fraction among the following?
ANSWER: C (1/2)
2. How did you do in the test? Not so well. I ______ much better but I misread the directions for writing.
A. Will have done
B. Can have done
C. Must have done
D. May have done
E. Could have done
ANSWER: E (could have done)
3. The Capital of Lagos State is_____
ANSWER: D (Ikeja)
4. If the day tomorrow is Sunday, what was it yesterday?
ANSWER: C (Friday)
5. Amaka was the cynosure of all eyes at the party. This means that _________
A. She attracted everybody’s attention
B. Everybody was surprised that she attended the part
C. None of the options
D. Everybody looked down at her
E. She was notorious for her behaviour
ANSWER: A (She attracted everybody’s attention)
6. Who is the current Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria
A. Alhaji Mai Borno
B. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
C. Godwin Emefiele
D. Adamu Chiroma
E. Charles Soludo.
ANSWER: C (Godwin Emefiele)
7. In words number 14 can be written as _________
ANSWER: B (Fourteen)
8. [Choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the uppercase word.]
Few people prefer the RURAL to the ______ areas.
ANSWER: A (Urban)
9. A piece of land completely surrounded by water is known as_________
A. A platform
B. A lagoon
C. A lake
D. An Island
E. None of the options.
ANSWER: D (an Island)
10. Bose shouldn’t have interrupted the teacher, _________?
A. Could she
B. Didn’t she
C. Should she
D. Did she
E. Can she.
ANSWER: C (should she)
11. Are you willing to be deployed to a rural area?
12. At this time, do you have any computer programming or software development skills?
13. At this time, which one or a combination of these devices do you own:
Select one or more:
a. Smartphone (mobile phones with Internet capabilities)
14. Do you have any physical disability?
16. Which of these classifications and/ or post-graduate degrees apply to you?
a. 3rd Class / Pass
b. 1st Class / Distinction and Masters
c. 2nd Class Lower / Lower Credit + PGD
d. 1st Class / Distinction
e. 3rd Class /Pass + PGD
f. 2nd Class Upper / Upper Credit
g. 2nd Class Upper / Upper Credit + PGD
h. 3rd Class / Pass + Masters
i. 2nd Class Lower / Lower Credit
j. 2nd Class Lower / Lower Credit + Masters
k. 2nd Class Upper / Upper Credit + Masters
l. 1st Class / Distinction and PGD
17. What is your current employment status?
18. A car travels at xkm per hour for 1 hour at ykm per hour for 2 hours. Find its average speed.
A. 2x+2y/3 kmh^-1
B. x+ y/3 kmh^-1
C. x+2 y/3 kmh^-1
D. 2x+ y/3 kmh^-1
ANSWER: C (x+2 y/3 kmh^-1)
19. The ages of three men are in the ratio 3:4:5. If the difference between the ages of the oldest and youngest is 18 years, find the sum of the ages of the three men.
A. 45 years
B. 72 years
C. 108 years
D. 216 years
ANSWER: C (108 years)
20. A bicycle wheel of radius 42cm is rolled over a distance of 66m. How many revolutions does it make?
ANSWER: C (25)
21. In a bag of oranges, the ratio of the good ones to the bad ones is 5:4. If the number of bad ones in the bag is 36, how many oranges are there altogether?
ANSWER: A (81)
22. A man is four times as old as his son. The difference between their ages is 36. Find the sum of their ages.
A. 45 years`
B. 48 years
C. 60 years
D. 74 years
ANSWER: C (60)
23. If 4m+3n = 5, find the ratio m:n 4m-3n 3
ANSWER: A (7:4)
24. If 2x : (x+1) =3:2, what is the value of x?
ANSWER: D (3)
25. The ratio of the number of men to the number of women in a 20 member committee is 3:1. How many women must be added to the 20 member committee so as to make the ratio of men to women 3:2 ?
ANSWER: B (5)
26. What is the probability of having an odd number in a single toss of a fair die?
ANSWER: C (1/2)
Use the following information for question 27 and 28.
The surname of 40 children in a class were arranged in alphabetical order,16 of the surnames begin with O and 9 of the surnames begins with A. 14 letters of the alphabet do not appear as the first letter of a surname.
27. What is the probability that the surname of a child picked at random from the class begins with either O and A?
ANSWER: A (5/8)
28. If more than one surname begins with a letter besides A and O, how many surnames begin with the letter?
Answer: B (3)
29. Have you moved into your new house yet? Not yet. The rooms________.
A. is being painted
B. None of the options
C. is painted
D. are painted
E. are being painted
ANSWER: E (are being painted)
30. The closest government to the people is_______
A. Federal Government
B. United Nation
C. Local Government
D. Ward Government
E. State Government
ANSWER: C (Local Government)
31. Brazil is a country in
ANSWER: A (America)
32. A reflex angle is______
A. greater than 90 and less than
B. greater than 180 degrees but less than 360 degrees.
C. 160 degrees.
D. less than 45 degrees.
E. less than 90 degree.
ANSWER: B (greater than 180 degrees but less than 360 degrees)
33. What should I ask my mother?
A. Ask her when will be ready the food.
B. Ask her when will be the food ready.
C. Ask her when the food will be ready.
D. Ask her when will the food ready be.
ANSWER: C (Ask her when the food will be ready)
34. What ______ your favourite food as a child?
ANSWER: D (was)
35. “Those shopping bags look really heavy. _____ carry one for you?” ’That’s very kind of you!’
A. Will I
B. Do I have
C. Shall I
D. Do I
ANSWER: C (shall I)
36. Nigeria became a republic in ___________.
A. 1st October, 1960
B. 1st October, 1961
C. 1st October, 1962
D. 1st October, 1963
ANSWER: D (1st October, 1963)
37. Nigeria is named after a:
ANSWER: A (River)
38. Nigeria’s governmental constitution is chiefly based on that of the:
ANSWER: B (UK)
39. Nigeria is divided into _____ geopolitical zones.
ANSWER: C (6)
40. The file belongs to Mr. Bobo, give it to _______.
ANSWER: C (him)
41. I have never ______ such a boring book!
ANSWER: A (read)
42. We’re really looking forward ______ on a holiday.
A. to gone
D. to going
ANSWER: D (to going)
43. Have you called the restaurant about the booking? Yes, I’ve _____ done that.
ANSWER: B (already)
44. I’ll never forget _____ Rosa win the Eurovision.
ANSWER: C (seeing)
45. It was so nice seeing Simon again! We should have called him _______.
A. months back
B. to months
C. since months
D. in months
ANSWER: A (months back)
46. The Obudu Cattle Ranch is an example of a ____________ in Nigeria.
A. tourists’ activations
B. tourism potentials
C. tourist attraction
D. tourism activations
47. Which desert’s edge is found at Nigeria’s northernmost borderland?
D. None of the above
ANSWER: B (Sahara)
48. The highest court in Nigeria is?
A. The Supreme Court
B. The National Industrial Court
C. The Federal High Court
D. The Privy Council
ANSWER: A (The Supreme Court)
49. _______is anything that has weight and can occupy space.
A. an object
B. a solid
D. a mineral
ANSWER: C (matter)
50. Tom ______ Elizabeth to go to the hospital
c. saying to
D. telling to
ANSWER: A (told)
51. Thanks for remembering my birthday, but you……..bought me a present.
A. shouldn’t have
D. have had to
ANSWER: A (shouldn’t have)
N-power Tax Assessment Set A Questions and Answers
1. 4 workers get paid N160000 for working for five days. How much will 5 workers get paid for a day?
A. N 40,000
B. N 30,000
C. N 25,000
D. N 10,000
ANSWER: A (N 40,000)
2. Not speaking to anyone _______, but shouldn’t we clean the house?
C. in particular
ANSWER: C (in particular)
3. Which is the largest number in 15/17, 15/18, 15/19, 15/21?
ANSWER: D (15/21)
4. The Black shield in Nigeria’s Coat of Arms represents?
A. All of the options
C. good soil
ANSWER: C (good soil)
5. A family with two parents and their children is called ____________ .
A. extended family
B. social family
C. nuclear family
D. small family
ANSWER: (nuclear family)
6. The EFCC was established to perform one of the following duties.
A. Prosecute economic crimes
B. Support government officials
C. Arrest politicians who rig elections
D. Arrest lazy politicians
ANSWER: A (prosecute economic crimes)
7. In words number 14 can be written as ____.
ANSWER: D (fourteen)
8. I thought you ________
A. were going to have lunch with us.
B. go to have lunch with us
C. will to have lunch with us.
D. have going to have lunch with us.
ANSWER: A (were going to have lunch with us)
9. When we multiply an exact number by zero what will be the exact answer?
A. the exact number
B. cannot be multiplied
D. None of these
ANSWER: C (zero)
10. All the people in a country or area who are entitled to vote in an election can be referred to as _____________.
ANSWER: C (electorates)
11. The door can’t be broken. He _________.
A. have just fixed it.
B. fix it.
C. is just fixed it.
D. has just fixed it.
ANSWER: D (has just fixed)
12. Nigeria is divided into _____ geopolitical zones.
ANSWER: B (6)
13. Thanks for remembering my birthday, but you……..bought me a present.
A. shouldn’t have
B. have had to
ANSWER: A (shouldn’t have)
14. The little dog ______ my leg.
ANSWER: D (bit)
15. What do the two horses on the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
ANSWER: B (Dignity)
16. I’m sorry we are so late; our car ______ down on the highway.
ANSWER: D (broke)
17. The acronym, ECOWAS, stands for __________
A. Economic Community of West African States
B. Economic Centre of West African States
C. Economic Confederation of West African States
D. Economic Conference of West African States
ANSWER: A (Economic Community of West African States)
18. By this time tomorrow we ______ the meeting.
A. will have had
B. are having
C. will had had
D. will having
ANSWER: A (will have had)
19. When you come back, don’t forget _____ the post.
A. to picking up
B. to pick up
C. pick up
ANSWER: B (pick up)
20. A person is said to be a minor if he or she is _____________
A. below 10 years of age
B. below 18 years of age
C. below 16 years of age
D. below 12 years of age
ANSWER: B (below 18 years of age)
21. Have you called the restaurant about the booking? Yes, I’ve _____ done that.
ANSWER: B (already)
22. Mohammed Gaddafi was the President of
ANSWER: D (Libya)
23. David walked by us ______ he didn’t know us!
A. as if
C. as were
D. as if he were
ANSWER: A (as if)
24. For a change, there ______ hooligans at the match.
A. weren’t no
B. were not
C. were no
D. were any
ANSWER: C (were no)
25. What do the two horses on the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
ANSWER: C (Dignity)
26. He works at the theatre, ________
A. does she?
B. didn’t he?
C. doesn’t he?
D. isn’t he?
ANSWER: D (isn’t he)
26. London, a popular city of choice of Nigerian tourists and travelers is located in
A. United Kingdom
ANSWER: A (United Kingdom)
27. She ______ a blue velvet dress to the party last night.
ANSWER: D (wore)
28. Chichi ______ fly to Kano tomorrow.
A. goes to
B. to going
C. go to
D. is going to
ANSWER: D (is going to)
29. Your cough is terrible! You ______ quit smoking.
ANSWER: D (should)
30. ___________ is a system of government that is controlled through elected representatives.
ANSWER: D (Democracy)
31. Electric bulb was invented by a scientist called__________
A. Sir Joseph Watts
B. John Bulb
C. None of the above
D. Thomas Watts
ANSWER: C (None of the above)
32. I think the joke _____ very funny, because you’re laughing a lot.
A. must have been
B. should be
C. was to be
D. should has been
ANSWER: A (must have been)
Generally, npower sets different questions for candidates. This is why you must prepare ahead. We recommend you visit this page often to download latest n-power aptitude tests online past questions and answers. Finally, you can ask questions via the comment box below.
Remember to subscribe for our updates and share this post on Facebook, Pinterest, WhatsApp, Google+ or Twitter to inform other candidates.