This post contains list of universities and polytechnics that offer / have department of medical laboratory science (medMed), MLS in Nigeria. Plus all admission requirements ( Jamb UTME and O’level)
Thinking of studying medical laboratory science (MedLab) in higher instInstituin Nigeria? Then you must read this before you apply. We have explained everything you need to know about MLS (medical laboratory science).
This post is for all prospective students who want to study MedLab (Medical Laboratory Science) also called MLS. As you read below, you will see list of all schools (Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education) that offer MedLab (medical laboratory science) as a course, admission requirements including Jamb UTME and O’level.
There are more than 21 higher Institutions that offer MedLab in Nigeria. Keep reading below to find out more and see how to apply for the admission. Medical Laboratory Science (MedLab) is a 5 (five) years course leading to Bachelor of science in MLS. B.Sc. However, the course is 4 (four) years in some Institutions
List Of Universities And Polytechnics That Offer Medical Laboratory Science (MedLab) In Nigeria
The below higher Institutions are list of all schools that offer the course “MedLab” in Nigeria. They are accredited Institutions where you can study and graduate as a medical laboratory technician. See all schools in Nigeria that have department of medical laboratory science (medMed) MLS listed below.
RECOMMENDED: Complete Jamb CBT Past Questions & Answers For 2019/2020 UTME Examination | Free PDF Download
Jamb Subjects Combination For All Courses In Nigerian Higher Institutions
- Ambrose Alli University – AAU
- Abia State University — ABSU
- AfeBabalolaUniversity – ABUAD
- Babcock University – BABCOCK
- Bayero University Kano – BUK
- University of Benin – UNIBEN
- University of Calabar – UNICAL
- Ebonyi State University – EBSU
- Igbinedion University Okada – IGBINEDION
- University of Jos – UNIJOS
- Imo State University – IMSU
- ladoke Akintola University of Technology – LAUTECH
- University of Lagos – UNILAG
- Madonna University – MADONNA
- University of Maiduguri – UNIMAID
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University – UDU
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University – UNIZIK
- University of Nigeria Nsukka – UNN
- Rivers State University Of Science and Technology — RSUST
- Niger-Delta University, Wilberforce Island —NDU
- Achievers University, Owo
Medical Laboratory Science, MedLab (MLS) Admission Requirements And Eligibility | Jamb & O’level Combination
To study MedLab (MLS) in any higher Institution in Nigeria, candidates are expected to meet the below admission requirements. In addition, you can only be eligible for admission if you meet the below requirements.
- MedLab (medical laboratory science) Jamb UTME cut off mark is 180 while some schools (universities and polytechnics) may cut 200 and above.
- Admission is through Jamb UTME or Direct Entry
- Candidates are expected to meet the minimum O’level requirements. Required subjects include credit passes in English language, mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology and any other subjects.
- Subjects to write / choose in Jamb UTME include; English language, biology, physics and chemistry
- All interested candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
Job Opportunities / Where To Work As A Medical Laboratory Technician
There are several job opportunities for graduates that studied MedLab (medical laboratory science), MLS in Nigeria. One of them include self employment, where you can open a laboratory and operate with your lincense. Others include working in hospital, factory, food industries etc.
If you need more information from us kindly scroll down below to drop your comments and ask relevant questions.